Monday, August 1, 2016

Smile. LIFE is GREAT!

Dinner time at the Crumps!

Chapel pic. One of my favs from the mish thus far. :)

Lunch in the park! Ham sandwiches with Hinez BBQ sauce. I ❤️ mission life!



Fam,

      Mission life is absolutely splendid! I'm lovin' it!  We have had a great week and have made some wonderful memories! Callum is now on a baptismal date of the 21st of August!  We know he can and will make it to this date! Transfer news is IN! I will continue training Sister Swasey for the next 7 weeks! Woot! Such a blessing. We are pumped for the time we have been given and are prepared to see many miracles this transfer.

EXCHANGES! Sister Beazer and Sister Gillette are thee bomb! We learned much and had a great time!

Zone Meetings are great!


      I received a beautiful surprise from my lovely trainer this morning!  All the way from Holland ;) It was so fun! She spent most of the day with us and we were able to catch up and have a good laugh together.  She is such a blessing to me. I am so grateful for the many tender mercies that I have received lately. I don't know what I did to be so blessed, but I am LOVING it! God is oh so good!

Literally just having SO much fun! This place looked so much like the Idaho mountains! Except there were no mountains and we weren't in Idaho.. Ha.
We made BBQ pizza for dodge night. Yes, we are obsessed with BBQ sauce and no we are not ashamed.


      The weather has been treacherous this week. Hot hot hot! The heat isn't actually that bad, it's the humidity that reaches into my body and pulls out every ounce of water that is stored there. I have never felt anything like it. We are just sweating all of the time.  Disgusting, I know. And tomorrow it's supposed to be like 86 degrees and 80% humidity. Mercy. Haha, love it! I'm losing tons of weight biking and the heat is helping that process move along, so...holla!


      This past week has been a good one. I don't know what it is lately, but my awkward switch has been reactivation this week! I have just found myself in so many awkward situations and I don't quite know how to handle it yet. I will not turn into an awkward sister missionary though! I promise! :) I'm working on it..

       Exchanges were wonderful and I learned so much. I am so grateful for our leaders who do so much for us. Their examples encourage me to change and to stand a little taller. They are such a blessing to me. I am changing more and more every day. The process isn't always fun, but on a mission you learn to never get to comfortable. This is because the moment you are comfortable is the moment that you are not progressing. The uncomfortableness is just a reminder that I am growing! And that is great!

      We have a wonderful transfer ahead and I am so looking forward to the change that will be instilled in me and this Leicester area. I'm sure it will be a sight to see! We have big goals and plan to accomplish them all. I know that enthusiasm and faith are my two best allies. They help in every situation, no matter how hard or awkward they may
be!

Our Demontfort parents! The Crumps! They are the greatest! They literally sat us down, gave us water and put ice cream in our faces..Haha it was glorious.


      Yesterday in Sacrament, our high councilman said "You can't get away from missionary work. It will follow you to the next life as well!" It is so true. No matter how much you try to avoid these situations, they will always come back to find you! Missionary opportunities help our faith to grow. I challenge you all to find a way that is natural for you to share the gospel. Find out what works for you. Be yourself and
share what you know to be true! You never know what will come from the seeds that you plant :)

3 generations! So much fun!! :)


      I hope you all have beautiful week and know how loved you are. Thank you for all that you do to help those around you. Make a new friend. Get outside of your comfort zone. Be kind to one another. With all the suffering and turmoil surrounding us in the world today, a little 

smile can go a long way! 😀 Be the change and make the difference!

I love you!

Sister Sydney Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment