Monday, August 22, 2016

In Christ Alone, My Hope is Found.

Fam,

       Callum was baptized yesterday!!! It was great! He had over 15 family members there to support him! Wow. The faith that he has is incredible. He is such a wonderful example to his family. The baptism began a little hectic, but it turned out okay. Sister Swasey and I were able to sing 'Nearer My God To Thee'. Swasey played the guitar and we did some humming 'n stuff and it was wonderful. The spirit was there in great abundance! He was baptized and then we enjoy some vanilla cakes and Mormon bubbly. So great! 
Baptism, baptism, baptism. Beautiful moments. Callum is the man!

All of the missionaries that taught Callum. 
All the missionaries that Callum knows! We play sports on Saturday morning w/ them all.

      One of the biggest miracles of the week came from Callum's less-active Nan who is a member in our ward. She took my hand and pulled me down towards her wheelchair and said "Sister Jones, this is my grandson. He means a lot to me and so does his example. I want to come back to church! Will you arrange a lift so that Mick and I can come next Sunday?" WHAT? Absolutely! Her husband is not a member but loved coming to the chapel. Such a blessing! I encourage you all to search out those less-actives in your area and visit them. Many of them just need a friend and the spirit alone will do the converting!
Exchanges were great!
      Exchanges were great and it is always a priviledge to learn from our leaders. Sister Gillette and Sister Beazer are top notch when it comes to STL's! So we are richly blessed. 
Beautiful African food that our investigators the Mblou family gave us! Under all those vegetables is two, yes TWO pork stakes. EACH! They were massive!!!! Ahhh. And mind you, this was our second dinner appointment of the night! I made a good dent and Sister Swasey held her own as well. In African culture, it is frowned upon if someone leaves your home with an empty stomach, sooooooo we were STUFFED when we left their home. We had to bike 3.5 miles in 10 minutes, with bursting tummies. Mercy. It was so good though. And incredibly worth it! 

Beautiful river running by the De Montfort University

Swasey girl.

I'm in Italy mom! (Haha, not.) England is still cool though!*
They have an American Statue of Liberty in Leicester! WHAT? I honestly don't understand/don't know why, but it was cool!

       My testimony this week is simple. I know God has a plan. I know that these 18 month are sacred and will bless the rest of my life. I know that my two feet are exactly where they need to be at this moment. I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, and only through Him can we be made whole. It is a priviledge to work alongside some of God's most valiant spirits here in England. What a blessing it is to be in this beautiful country and to know so many beautiful people. I am grateful for the time that I have to change whilst I am here. I am being broken down more and more every day, in hopes of being made into the woman that God needs me to become. 
Only through Him.

      I know that this work is of eternal importance. It is, by no means, an easy task; but we are promised "angels on our left and our right to build us up." We need all the strength that the Lord will provide in these last days. And YOU are no exception. We need Him. We need His guidance and reassurance. We need His help. Trust Him. Confide in Him. For He cannot lead us astray. 

       Have a blessed week all! Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! I feel it all! Thank you for who you are to me. I mean it. I love you! 

                  Take care and go out SERVE!
                                                 Sister Sydney Jones
Countesthorpe. Just a town in Leicester.
Just around town
Old jeep that reminded me of Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment