Monday, September 19, 2016

Long Live the Queen

Pretty sure this is the building of Law & Justice in the centre of Birmingham.
Our Flat


MIRACLES!

      This week was beautiful! We went on exchanges in Harborne with Sister Tenney and Sister Barrett. It was a much needed time to grow and learn from our inspired STL's. Sister Tenney told me that we would be biking and I was SO excited, because we don't get to do that here in Stourbridge. They gave me this small boys bike that had a dodgy seat that wouldn't stay up while I road (mercy) and little did I know, we would be biking 5 miles nearly all uphill in the rain. Hahah it was probably the hardest bike ride of my mission thus far! I was on the verge of tears when we happened to pass a member who was waiting for the bus. "You are amazing! How do you do it?! You got this! Way to go sisters!" 
     Ahhhh man, he was my hero for that small moment. Just when I could've sworn that I was going to kill over, the Lord provided me with this brother who reminded me that I am, in fact, a sister missionary and I can conquer a lot more than an English hill on a bicycle! 
 
Old Birmingham church

Library in Birmingham



I took a replica of our screen saver!! Woot! How crazy is this?!

The bubble building! This building was our family desktop screen saver for over 3 years before I got my call and we had no idea that it was in Birmingham, England. Now I'm here. Crazy!

      So get this, we had a lesson with an investigator on Thursday and we were pumped about it! We make ourselves at home and after the prayer we open our eyes to see our ankles covered in these little black bugs. They were jumping everywhere! They could only have been one thing, FLEAS! Ahhhhh. Her 3 cats had contracted fleas and her house was plastered in them. She acted completely calm (I would be mortified) and told us to put our legs up on the couch during the lesson (are you kidding me?) So while we read and tried to keep our concentration, I was checking Sister K for fleas and she was doing the same for me. Following the lesson, we got out of there as soon as we could and ran to the nearest alleyway. We found them in our socks, down our shirts, and in all the nooks and crannies. After checking my shoes, I look up to see a darned flea on Sister K's FACE! Ahh! Talk about major heebie-jeebies! Sister Leppard sent us straight home to bathe in some tea tree oil and burn our skirts. Okay, that last part was a little dramatic, but we did contemplate it. 

      On Friday, we had one of the most successful days of my mission. We knocked on a potential investigators door and she opened it right up and let us in! She had a beautiful new baby named Roxanne and let us teach her and her husband about the plan that God has for us. They were so excited and invited us back to teach their whole family (5 kids) this week! And the best part is: they don't work on Sundays! Woot! Say hello to church, Moss family! 
And on Wednesdays we wear pink...and eat pancakes.

The Davis family from SLC came to visit Stourbridge this weekend! It's was so fun to be around American youth that are our age! Made us miss home for a small second.

Sunday evening selfies ✌🏼

      We met so many wonderful people that truly boosted our spirits and reminded us how incredible this work is. It is such a privilege to share this unique message. We have quite a few return appointments with people this week that we are SO excited about! 

       I have said this once, but I will say it again; laughter and obedience are the way to a happy life. Sister K and I have been so diligent this week and have found countless moments to just laugh and enjoy life! As long as we are obedient, we will be happy. If we are able to find one thing to smile/laugh about each day, we will be living life right! I promise you can work hard and love it too! :)

      We spent our P-day here in Birmingham city centre with the Davis' and it has been so fun! I am loving every second of my mission, especially the beautiful country in which I have been called to serve. This ward is great and Sister K and I are getting work DONE! Stourbridge is ready and so are we! 

Beautiful England

Ponds, trees and geese

      Thank you for all your support, letters, emails, and prayers. They mean so much to me. I couldn't do this without the support that I receive from you. God bless you and keep you well. 

This church is TRUE! 

                     All my love, 

                            Sister Sydney Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment