Monday, June 12, 2017

THIS IS IT.

The Birds and Häagen Daaz! <3 them! 🍦

**First, a final note from our Syd-Syd**
All Right Momma,

 "The time has come, the Walrus said..." to return home into your arms. 
How grateful I am for the privilege of being able to serve the Lord here in Britain. 
I can't even begin to express the miracle that it has been for my life. It has all come to an end so beautifully and I am so thankful for that. 18 months is the perfect amount of time. I know that it is time to come home and continue my mission there in Idaho. I know that the Lord has a plan, therefore, I cannot fear. I know it will be a difficult adjustment, because I have lived such a consecrated life for the past 18 months, but it will be okay! :)

     I have thought quite often about what Wednesday evening will be like, but I know it will be far greater than all my dreams! I am so excited to see my big sister. I just cry when I think of hugging her!!! Ahh. Life is good momma. My mission has been beautiful and I can't wait to have snuggle time and tell you all about it!! :)

 Thank you for all that you have done and sacrificed so that I could come over here to serve. 
 It means the world to me.
 I love you. 
 I will see you in a matter of days.

Signing off for the last time,   

Your Sister Sydney Jones

Such a windy week! What a welcome back to Idaho.

Dearest family,

      Before I go on about my mission being over, let me give you an update about Coventry. Sister Olsen has been called to be a Sister Training Leader and will be going to Harborne with Sister Sharp! We are getting whitewashed! Sister Romero from Australia will be training here in a weeks time. We are a little worried about being whitewashed, but we know the area is in good hands! We are excited to hear about how the area continues to progress, as all three teams will be training this coming transfer. So fun!

      This week was SO QUICK! What a wonderful way to end our week here in Coventry. We had some beautiful DA's this week which filled my soul and my stomach with joy. We were able to see Ellie, which was beautiful. We are so sad to be leaving her, but we look forward to hearing how she progresses in the gospel. She is so humble and ready!
Last district finding ever! So fun!

I told them all to look sad and this is what it turned out as...I'm
finally dying!

      We had my last district meeting on Thursday and it was wonderful! I was asked to share what I have learned over the past 18 months and it was quite difficult to not make the list forever long! I've learned SO much!
Marcelo! What a wonderful human! The very last person I was meant
to find on my mission..❤️

      We were able to find the most pleasant man ever named Marcelo from Portugal! Right before we stopped him, I just had the strongest feeling that he was the last person that I needed to find here in Coventry. We ended up talking to him for 45 minutes on the side of the road all about Jesus, nature, the different accents in Britain, and our missions. He told us how grateful he was that we stopped him and we were able to leave him with a Book of Mormon! I know he was the last person for me to find here and the Lord saved a pretty good one for the end! :)
Our YSA are so fun and beautiful!! :)

Guyhan from South Korea. Such a sweet member.

      On Sunday, I was able to speak in church at Magnus Tops farewell. He will be going to the Australia Brisbane Mission tomorrow! It was a wonderful experience to relay my mission to the Coventry Ward. 
Saying goodbye to Liv.. So hard.

Cloud watching for the first time on my whole mission!

Sue Williams. Love this woman.

Our beautiful Liv. #besties

Krispy Kreme and sunshine! 🍩

     The Williams came up from Wales to see both of us and we were able to have a picnic at War Memorial Park afterwards. It was great. The members were just flooding me with love, tears, and SO many compliments. I am so thankful to have had the privilege of serving here. What a spectacular ward to send me off. I am so blessed!

       Brothers and Sisters, this is the end. My mission is nearly through and my time to return home has arrived. I am so thankful for the support and prayers that you have given me over the past 18 months.  This has been the most trying experience of my life thus far, but through this process, I have become who the Lord needed me to become.

I feel at peace with my mission and I know that I have done what the Lord has asked of me. 

I came on my mission because I LOVE my Saviour.

I stayed on my mission and served with all my heart and in return, I
have come to KNOW my Saviour. He is the King of Kings. His Atonement is everything. 

The Book of Mormon is filled with truth and life. 

President Thomas S. Monson is led and guided by God. 

We are blessed as children of God to know that He has a plan for us!
  
     I have absolutely loved my mission and I look forward to continuing this great work back in the good ole USA! I am leaving a piece of my heart here, with the intent of returning someday to roam about these same streets as an older, wiser woman. I pray that the work that I have been able to do will be sufficient for the Lord and that the fruits will continue to come as the years go by.

I will see you all so, so soon!

Signing off for the last time from Britain,


Sister Sydney Jones

Our beautiful Gosia! This girl is SO American.

 The Samayoas and Ridrigo. Holla to the selfie stick!

The beautiful Sola.. It takes everything in me not to hold this
baby girl every time I see her!
Hiyori Bird! She's being baptised this Saturday :)

Georgie girl!

For my little Cooper-bear

Out beautiful Tish. Such a strong woman. She feeds us g.f. pizza
every week! :)

 Finding in town with Amna and Annie. Love them!
 Last fish and chips in Britain! 🍟

Pano of the fish and chips shop 🐟

Traditional fish and chips.
I love this girl.. Leaving Coventry better then we found it. ✈️

No comments:

Post a Comment