Thursday, December 3, 2015

I Made It (to Harry Potter land)

Hello mom and dad!

I made it safely to the England MTC! The plane ride was very long and we are all extremely exhausted, but the spirit here is SO strong. Most of us are running on 2-3 hours of sleep, so it's kind of hard answering questions form the MTC president, but the Lord will provide. 
It is so beautiful here! It's very rainy and it looks like Harry Potter everywhere! The cars are so cool and the driving on the opposite side of the road is trippy. I am so excited to finally be here and am ready to get started! We find out who our companions are tonight at 6, which will be great. My P days are Wednesday here in the MTC, so I won't be able to talk to you until next Wednesday. I just found out that I get to attend the temple twice while in the MTC, which is great because we are told that the Birmingham missionaries will not have the opportunity to go while in the field. 
The other missionaries here are wonderful! Most have been here for many weeks; learning German. But the ones that arrived with me are all from America, other than one sister who is from the Philippines going to my mission! She's so tiny and fun! One of my roommates is from London, waiting for her visa to go through so she can continue serving in Nebraska. The other one is Sister Belnap from Arizona, who hasn't arrived yet but I know she will be so much fun!

I cannot wait to get started on this work! It is such a weird feeling being away from home, not with my family, but all good things! 

Sorry this email isn't longer, but I can barely keep my eyes open! Time to get a move on!

Love love love <3

Sister Sydney Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment